You may be saying to yourself, “weren’t these results supposed to be announced January 2nd?” And to that we say, shut up! Unless your name is God, you’re totally not allowed to judge us.
Anywhom, we present to you, ladies and gentlejerks, the most ridiculous musical beings of 2010.
Greetings, all, and welcome to the first annual ever in life Splackie Awards, where we award the best and worst (but mostly worst) musical events, people, and happenings of the year. The most awesome thing about this is that it’s totally people’s choice. Well, kind of. We did pick the categories and nominees, but YOU get to vote on them!
Let’s get this crazy train rollin’ with our first category:
This is the video story of a kid who thought Christmas BOPPED! …Literally.
Okay. Are you n-words out there really mad because Baby Buggz goes ham? Or are you mad because:
- Baby Buggz felt the need to pur writing credits on a seven word “song”
- This “music video” is more or less a live action Geocities page
- His name is Baby Buggz
Personally, I’m mad because when I showed this video to Smyph, his only comment was: “that’s beautiful.”
How accurate is this song? Why are you mad at Baby Buggz?
(Thanks to/shame on kindredsmile for sharing this!)
Let’s file this under: “OMG this really exists?!”
Hey, lovers of ridiculousness!
SC will be on a one month hiatus while my cohort and I figure out how to get famous and/or rich. I’m going to try my hand at another novel, and I think he’s pondering selling drugs. We’ll let you know how that goes.
In the meantime, though, let’s all relive some of the most ridiculous moments in this little slice of cyberspace, shall we?
- A favorite series, “Album Cover or Obituary?” in which we try to decide if what we’re seeing is an album cover or an obituary and usually fail no matter what our answer is.
- Chante Moore CLEARLY Hates Her Friends.
- Awesomely Misheard Lyrics: Tickle Tickle Beeper Stroll?
- Where Do You Want Me to Put It: A Song for Virgins.
- Smyph ruins all your good memories of Stevie Wonder!
- …And MC Hammer, too!
- Friend to SC Charles270 keeps us laced with really, REALLY bad music.
- R&B BATTLE!!! Wait, what?
- Who Let Your Drunk Uncles in the Studio??!
- Neo-soul is dead. And this broad killed it.
- What even is a Splackavellie, anyway?!
Try not to be too mad at us. This hiatus won’t be fruitless for SC… details soon come!
See you in December!